[Philippines] WebGeek meetup with Singapore startups and investors
WebGeek Meetup with Singapore Startups and Investors
WebGeek is hosting its next WebGeek Meetup on February 7th at Pasto in El Pueblo, Ortigas Center featuring iSTART Philippines, a Singapore government initiative to bring Singaporean startups to the Philippines. It’s a two week trip that is going to bring a number of SG startups and investors to Manila.
Come meet some of the brightest entrepreneurs from Singapore Startup community! In this event WebGeek aims to be one of the vehicles for you to connect with startups and VC from Singapore. Take this opportunity to build new networks with fellow geeks and startups. Let others know what you do and make them proud with your current endeavor.
WebGeek Meetup with iSTART@PHILIPPINES
- Clement Wong of Silicon Dot Pte Ltd. (BeMyGuest) – Aggregates and standardizes thelongtail of travel – local activities, packages and accoumdations.
- Douglas Peris of Adzstream – Digital media company that provides internet advertising solutions
- Gordon Perera of eXSYS Pte. Ltd. – Software consulting and services company that specializes in rapid development of customized solutions and maintenance services.
- Ong Whee Shong of Eleos Web Pte. Ltd. – Independent softwarevendor that creates its own software for the retail industry. Its POS software Octopus has been serving retailers for the past 10 years
- Chua Sher Ren of Gifuu – Modern borderless way of sending gifts to your friends
- Damian Chow / Vincent Lau of PayWhere Pte. Ltd. – Revolutionise online shopping with TachThis!, Asia’s first social e-commerce platform empowering anyone to be an e-seller on social networks
- Guyi Shen of Bob FTW Pte Ltd. (Save22) – A mobile app that allows the user to scan ANY barcode in the world, and it will tell you the cheapest price to buy that product AROUND you
- Zave Huang / Guanghao Low of Smoov Pte Ltd. – Mobile specialist that makes a difference by catalysing the growth of mobile commerce services ecosystems through the best user experiences with SmoovPay, NearBuy2, and SnapTreat
- Angeline Than / Tian Qiuyan / Chiou Hao Chan – Runs 2 entertainment shopping websites
- Jason Park of Tigerpunch – Develops mobile games, social networking services, and mobile game middleware.
- David Ng of Gimmie World – E-Commerce Royalty Program
- Emil Atanassov of Sajan – Translation Service Provider
- Jaime Ocampo of DeNA – Mobile Gaming Publisher
- Mark Sayer of Drayhall Capital – Venture Capitalist
- Basil Darwish of Citi Ventures – Venture Capitalist
- Hans de Back of Dutchman Capital – Venture Capitalist
- Franco Eisma of Amazon Web Services – Cloud Provider
- Raymond Chiam / Seng Meng Koo / Robert Kim of IDA – Infocomm Development Authority of Singapore
- Start: Thursday, 7 February, 2013 06:00 p.m.
- End: Thursday, 7 February, 2013 10:00 p.m.
- Venue : Pasto in El Pueblo, Ortigas Center, Philippines
- Register here
- Organizer : WebGeek Philippines
[Editor's note: This event is part of a two-week series of events sponsored through IDA's iSTART and done in partnership with various organizations in the Philippines.]