Deezer brings more artist-fan interaction with Deezer4Artists
Deezer’s Deezer4Artists suite of tools allows artists to create and customise content on the platform for better interaction with their fans.By Joash Wee 20 Dec, 2012
Together with the launch of its ad-supported music service, Deezer also announced the introduction of a suite of tools that will allow music artists to connect better with their fans. Deezer4Artists, or D4A, is Deezer’s approach to create a holistic program that aims to reinvent the artist-fan connection by allowing more personal interactions on the Deezer platform.
With seven main features, D4A provides artists and their labels the tools to better understand their fans and the ability to run their own creative space on Deezer. These features allow fans to follow their favorite artists and enjoy access to exclusive content created by the artist on Deezer.
- Deezer analytics: Artists and their labels will be granted real time access to streaming data. It will also provide valuable audience information, giving artists and labels rich demographic insights so they can understand exactly who is listening and see the streams that are trending. Furthermore, a cut down version will be available to all Deezer users, enabling people across the world to see which artists are popular, like a musical version of Twitter’s trending topics, enabling them to find new artists to follow.
- Deezer certified accounts: Each artist will be given a certified account, visible on Deezer. Fans can follow and interact with artists such as Lykke Li, Fun. or Alif Satar as well as discover their playlists, news, concerts and listening habits.
- Deezer pages: Artist pages will be overhauled and redesigned to allow any given artist power over customisation, from look and feel to the information they display. Artists can also link these to their Facebook and Twitter accounts. The very first Deezer artist page will feature electro act Justice; check out their Facebook account for the big reveal in the coming days.
- Deezer uploader: Artists will be able to directly upload audio exclusive content of many different types. Deezer will offer a unique space to host artists’ audio Q&As, interviews, album commentaries and samples, bringing them closer to fans and enabling them to share ever richer types of content with them.
- Open Deezer: Deezer has created an open app development programme, at the core of which is a specifically dedicated work group that will support artists to innovate and create software that brings music to new audiences in new ways. By calling upon Deezer Open API team expertise there’s no limit to how artists and labels can remodel the fan experience through exciting new applications.
Deezer is not stopping there. Other features planned for next year includes:
- Deezer affiliation: In early 2013 Deezer will release a full affiliation system allowing artists or commercial partners to be rewarded for any new subscriber they bring to Deezer.
- Deezer Artist packages: Also in early 2013, Deezer’s editorial teams will select and champion artists who will be offered special promotional packages specifically designed to help support them at different stages of their career. This will give chosen artists tremendous support and visibility, and builds on editorial teams’ existing ability to highlight and recommend musicians using their expertise and passion.
CEO of Deezer, Axel Dauchez, commented in the press release, “The long term value of music relies on rebuilding the quality of the relationship between the artists and their fans. We are thrilled to be using technological innovation to forge a deeper link between the two.”
Image Credits: The Atlantic