Mini-FFC September event highlights Windows 8 developmentBy J. Angelo Racoma 15 Sep, 2012
The Philippine Web Designers Organization is holding a mini-FFC unconference as a precursor to this year’s “Form, Function & Class” event in November.
Web development is arguably fundamental in tech startups. With this in mind, folks interested in building a startup might likewise be interested in attending the Philippine Web Designers Organization’s annual <form> function() & .class events. This Saturday, the group is holding a Mini-FFC, where developers and designers can meet and greet with fellow web ninjas.
Mini FFC #11 is slated for 4 to 6 p.m. Saturday, September 15, 2012 at the Microsoft Philippines office in Makati City. Aside from the opportunity to rub elbows with some of the country’s top web developers and designers, attendees can also expect talks from notable development teams, including:
- Tomas Ross de Leon III of NuWorks Interactive, who will talk about success with third-party APIs;
- Margaux Cortez of PortfolioMNL, who will talk on self-marketing;
- Marc Lacsamana, who will discuss how not to get screwed over;
- Christian Blanquera of Gallleon.ph, who will discuss twitter bootstrap/wireframes;
- Microsoft representatives, who will talk on developing Windows 8 apps.
The organizers will also use this opportunity to announce this year’s <form> function() & .class web design conference, slated for November 10 to 11 at the University of Santo Tomas in Manila.
If you’re already attending the Globe Labs developers day in Makati this Saturday morning, then you can also head on to the mini FFC in the afternoon, which is just a few minutes’ drive away.