Join us for the very first HadoopSG meetup!
· Who we are and why we put the HadoopSG group together.
· The basics of Hadoop (what and why).
· Details around the Hadoop cluster we are working on (architecture, hardware and build).
We are also lucky enough to have a couple of guest speakers who have volunteered to kindly share their knowledge and experience with us;
· John Berns has been instrumental in the running the BigDataSG group for the last couple of years. He has managed various Hadoop implementations during his time in Asia and will be giving a high level overview of Hadoop for us.
· Jeff Markham from Hortonworks will be giving us an overview of the Hortonworks’ Hadoop distribution.
There will be a break during the meetup to give people time that have a chat with us and our guest speakers, to network with each other, and take a closer look at the cluster we are building.
6:30 PM – 7:00 PM – Registration
7:00 PM – 7:15 PM – Introduction to the HadoopSG group,
7:15 PM – 7:45 PM – Overview of Hadoop by John Berns
7:45 PM – 8:15 PM – Details of HadoopSG’s own Hadoop Cluster by Simon Lea
8:15 PM – 8:45 PM – Networking break.
8:45 PM – 9:15 PM – Presentation by Jeff Markham from Hortonworks.
9:15 PM – 9:30 PM – Thank yous and closure of the first meeting.