thumbsup has announced Start it Up, Power it Up #2 as a follow-up event to Thailand’s first official startup gathering last July 2012.
From the successful event Start it Up, Power it Up organized by end of last July, the editorial team of thumbsup would like to invite our startup friends to get ready for the second event on Saturday, October 27. Start it Up Power it Up #2 will come together with even richer content in seminars on business and cloud technology, creating new business opportunities, and getting to meet and exchange ideas with other startups and investors. Interested participants can apply to join the pitching round, and will benefit from trainings and advice from gurus and VCs who can help improve their startups.
After the first Start it Up, Power it Up event successfully organized by thumbsup with Spring News and Hubba, most of the organizers, speakers and participants had the same opinion that startups tend to compete in targeting both domestic and overseas markets within the Asean Economic Community (AEC), therefore exposing the markets in these Asean member countries to more competition.
Therefore, this upcoming secondStart it Up, Power it Up event will provide startups with answers on how to better prepare in approaching investors, as well as knowledge in strengthening their business to tackle such foreseeable competition. We will focus on cloud technology, which is essential in pushing startups forward in product development and growth on a regional level.
We cordially invite all interested parties to join the project pitching and participate in this event. Details as follows:
- Date: Saturday 27th October 2012
- Time: 12.30pm.-5pm.
- Venue: Microsoft Auditorium 38th floor, CRC Tower, All Seasons Place, Bangkok, Thailand. Supported by Microsoft (Thailand)
- 12:30 – 1:00 p.m. – Registration
- 1:00 – 1:05 p.m. – Opening and Welcome Speech
- 1:05 – 1:30 p.m. – Conversation Topic “Preparing Thai Startup for AEC in Digital Age” with Dr.ThanachartNumnonda, Director of Software Park Thailand
- 1:30 – 2:15 p.m. – Conversation Topic “Learn about funding and how VC make their investment” with:
- Mr.Thanapong Na Ranong – VP Business Development INTOUCH
- Ms.SuwidaKingmuangkow– Managing Director Expara IDM Ventures
- Mr. Jai Govindani– Sparx Ventures
- Mr.Kris Na-Lamliang– Angel Investor
- 2:15 – 2:45 p.m. – How cloud can help Startups succeed by Mr.NatavudhPungcharoenpong, Managing Director Ookbee
- 2:45 – 3:00 p.m.: – 15-minute break
- 3:00 p.m. – 4:40 p.m. – Startup Pitches
- Dr.ThanachartNumnonda, Director of Software Park Thailand
- Mr.Thanapong Na Ranong, VP Business Development INTOUCH
- Ms.SuwidaKingmuangkow, Managing Director Expara IDM Ventures
- Mr. Jai Govindani, Sparx Ventures
- Microsoft Representative
- 4:40 – 5:00 p.m.- Announcing the winner
- 5:00 p.m. onwards – Networking
For those interested to participate in the event, please click here.
For Startups would like to join Pitching, please click here.
About the Author
Oranuch Lerdsuwankij is co-founder and editor at thumbsup.in.th, a leading tech blog from Bangkok, Thailand that reports on digital business, local innovation, startup stories and technology. Follow her on Twitter at @mimee.