TechBeat is the Malaysia-based podcast hosted and produced by John Lim that brings together tech journalists and opinion-makers to discuss the the latest news in technology and media in and around the country. For this inaugural episode, we have David Lian, APAC Social Media practice Lead for Text100, and Edwin Yapp from ZDNet to talk about
1. Microsoft has sold 1 million units of the Kinect, and hopes to sell 5 million by the year’s end.
2. The Steve Jobs/Rupert Murdoch collaboration for the iPad-only ‘newspaper’, The Daily.
3. Malaysia’s own newspaper, The Star, venturing into the iPad space.
4. Online sedition guidelines to be rolled out for Malaysia’s netizens
5. YTL’s Yes4G: Does it, and can it, live up to the hype.