Zalora, Rocket Internet’s fashion e-commerce brand based in Singapore, has just announced its first year anniversary.
In commemoration of its first year of operation, the e-commerce company is holding a giveaway. With every S$50 and above spent on its platform, shoppers will receive a Golden Ticket with their delivery. Golden Tickets gives shoppers the chance to win over S$20,000 worth of prizes, which include gift cards up to $1,000, limited edition Havaianas Tote Bags, ZALORA limited edition collateral, et cetera.
While there have been negative reports about Rocket Internet, and we too reported that they might be losing their grip in Southeast Asia, Zalora has come a long way. In September last year, the company raised an undisclosed sum of investment from finance giant JP Morgan, and recently launched their mobile web app.
Here are some of the key milestones for Zalora Singapore in the previous year, which the team shared with us:
Milestones for ZALORA Singapore:
- Expanded into beauty category in April 2012.
- Expanded into kids category in June 2012.
- Official launch party on July 28th 2012 at Zouk, celebrity-studded event. The Hey, Good-Looking search, the first large-scale ZALORA face-search done both off & online (esp on Social Media) over 3 months concluded at the launch party.
- Awarded “Best Fashion Site in Singapore” by Cosmopolitan Singapore.
- ZALORA is the second most searched term in the “online store” category, for the Google Zeitgeist 2012 in Singapore.
- Started an official partnership with P&G’s SK-II brand, hosting an SK-II shop-in-shop, in December 2012. ZALORA is the only pure-play e-commerce store in Singapore to carry such a wide range of their products and will also be the online store to offer their SK-II spa treatments soon. Two of these treatments will be at a 15% lower price point than at the spa boutiques.
- Launch of mobile site on 31st January 2013.
- Currently, mobile site is a finalist at Marketing Magazine’s Mobile Excellence awards 2013, for the “Best mCommerce Solution.”
Daily sales for ZALORA Singapore doubled in the last three months; over half a million visitors to the site every day from the region
On top of the various milestones, the team also share that in the last three months, their daily sales have doubled. The site has also been experiencing exponential growth, with over half a million regional visitors to the site every day. In Singapore, the website has over one million monthly visits. The company has also moved into a bigger office to accomodate its growing staff.
With it’s phenomenal traction, it looks like Zalora is definitely here to stay.