Date: 26 January, 2019
Venue: BASH, 79 Ayer Rajah Crescent, #03-01, 139955
Organized by: AngelCentral
Calling out to all Angel Investors, Entrepreneurs, VCs, fund managers, academics, corporates and anyone else who wish to learn more about Angel Investing in ASEAN:
Discover what it takes to invest in your first startup without having to make your angel investing experience expensive and painful.
Have you ever wanted to know what goes behind the thoughts of an experienced angel investor in Asia, or more on how to go about becoming an effective and competent angel investor? If so, join us for this 4-hour workshop as our trainer, Mr. Lim Der Shing, Partner of AngelCentral, shares with you his strategies and approach to investing in startups. Throughout the session, he would be using live case studies that have been gathered through personal experience over the past couple of years.
Through this interactive and engaging session, you will be equipped with the skills to evaluate a startup, manage your portfolio, and maximize your profitability. The workshop will help you to:
1. Manage and construct your portfolio for angel investments. Learn how startups fit into your overall portfolio, allocate your assets to ensure minimum risk with maximum rewards, and set your personal goals for angel investing.
2. Gain insights into the lifecycle of a startup, the overall tech startup ecosystem and how angels fit into the space. You will learn about the different stakeholders in a startup ecosystem, the full lifecycle of a startup, and the possible types of investments before exit.
3. Generate deal flow. You will learn about the different ways angels can be exposed to startup investment opportunities, including how to position yourself as a credible and useful investor, establish credibility and branding via consistent value-add, building expertise, and engaging with fellow investors to expand your network.
4. Evaluate and conduct due diligence on startups. Understand Der Shing’s personal framework for evaluating startups which resulted from years of personal experience and countless refinements over the years. This includes questions to ask when assessing a startup’s solution, founding team, marketing opportunity, and business model.
5. Manage expectations and add value post-investment. You will gain a greater clarity on what it is like after making your first investment, the different ways angels can contribute to startups, how to manage and communicate with founders during the post-investment phase, etc.
Your ticket also provides you access to the AngelCentral Community, a group of 350+ angels who are passionate and interested in helping fund startups in the ASEAN region. Here, you will receive exclusive invites to regular pitch days for startup investment opportunities, special offers to other workshops and events, and access to special services designed for angels only. In 2017 alone, AngelCentral has raised >$S3.2M for 14 startups.