Full-stack Web Teaching Assistant (RoR)
3.5K - 4.5K
Posted: 08 Jul 2017
ALPHA Camp is a tech and startup school that helps people launch successful careers in the new digital economy.
Help ALPHA Camp’s students develop the skills and mindset that are necessary to launch exciting careers in web development.
You will help instructors prepare for lessons, facilitate group exercises, provide one-on-one coaching for students who need more support and empower students by creating an open learning environment. You will collaborate closely with instructors to continuously improve our curriculum by developing new content, assignments, projects and experience. You will also have the opportunity to pursue your own project.
A Typical Week
- You’ll collaborate with instructors to align on key learning objectives and outcomes
- You’ll help prepare course content, assignments and projects for individuals and groups
- You’ll review students’ progress and provide feedback to instructors and programme managers
A Typical Day
- You’ll facilitate exercises to guide students in applying new learnings
- You’ll clarify key concepts and provide 1-on-1 coaching for students who need more support
- Experienced in developing complete web applications using Ruby on Rails
- Passionate about helping others and believe in learning-by-doing
- Strong communication skills, a positive attitude, and empathy to new learners and their learning challenges
- Enjoys meeting people, making friends, and giving back to the community
- Experienced in teaching is a plus
- SGD 3,500 - 4,500 per month
- Train-the-trainer programme for all our teaching staff
- Opportunity to shape and improve the curriculum for future students
- Time to work on your own project
- Connect with ALPHA Camp’s network of industry experts from technology and startup ecosystem