Salary (SGD) 3K - 5K
Full Time | 1 Applicant(s)
Posted: 14 Sep 2017
CDNetworks is a global content delivery network with fully integrated Cloud Security DDoS protection and web application firewall. Our mission is to transform the Internet into a secure, reliable, scalable, and high-performing Application Delivery Network. CDNetworks accelerates more than 40,000+ websites and cloud services over a network of more than 200+ global PoPs in established and emerging markets including China and SEA. We have been serving enterprise customers for more than 15 years across industries such as gaming, finance, e-commerce, high tech, manufacturing, and media. CDNetworks offices are located in Singapore, the US, UK, South Korea, China, and Japan.
For more information, please visit: http://www.cdnetworks.com.sg
We are seeking a driven and talented Technical Customer Support Engineer / Technical Consultant to join our team. As a subject matter expert and evangelist on our technology, you will conduct technical consultation and discovery for our suite of products and services. In addition, you may be required to provide technical support and facilitate implementation activities following a customer sale.
We are looking for a team player who enjoys interacting with people and has a ‘can-do’ personality. You should also be passionate about internet technology, detail-oriented and possess a knack for solving complex technical problems.
Our Technical Consulting Team is responsible for providing high-quality technical customer support and advice to multiple stakeholders, thereby facilitating the establishment of our services. You will work closely with our Global Service Delivery, Product Management and Sales team to build a positive customer experience and deliver solutions that drive overall satisfaction with our technology.
A career in CDNetworks offers challenging work and various opportunities to develop your skills and grow to your fullest potential.
Established Customer Support Engineers can expect to advance their career in pre-sales roles that enable them to utilise their strong technical experience to drive new customer acquisitions for the organisation in partnership with our Sales team. This includes Sales Engineering, Solutions Architecture and Technical Consultancy positions.
Your scope of work will vary depending on skill set, technical knowledge, experience and business needs. Shortlisted candidates may be considered for pre-sales and/or post-sales positions.
Key responsibilities of our Technical Consulting Team include:
• Providing ongoing technical support to customers during onboarding, post-onboarding and deboarding stage.
• Managing support cases and ensuring all issues are resolved in a timely manner.
• Monitoring and maintaining performance and availability of our services.
• Facilitating incident responses and escalations to advanced support teams when necessary.
• Providing technology guidance to customers about CDNetworks’ services and design technical solutions to meet their needs.
• Developing technical design documents to support POC via the establishment of trials and detailing the implementation of our solutions.
• Deliver effective technical presentations and demonstrations to current and prospective customers.
• Collaborate with Engineering and Product teams to develop our product offerings.
• Establishing service maps to articulate our application architecture and enhance customer support processes.
• Providing on-call support outside regular business hours as and when required.
• University degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Systems or related discipline.
• Experience in a customer-facing technical support or service architecture role within a SaaS / PaaS industry. You should ideally have direct exposure to troubleshooting technical issues.
• A strong understanding of Linux (Operating System), Internet Protocols (DNS, TCP/ IP, HTTP), Cloud / Cyber Security and Hosting Infrastructure (load balancers, firewalls, etc) is required.
• Strong communication skills in order to act as a bridge between customers, sales and the service delivery team.
• Willing to work beyond business hours as and when required.
Lack relevant experience? If you are keen to join CDNetworks and explore a career in technical support and consulting, we would like to hear from you as well!
BENEFITS AND PERKS
Here are just a few of our benefits that we are proud to provide our team with at CDNetworks:
• Exciting opportunities to travel overseas for business meetings, events and exhibitions, collaboration with our global offices on various initiatives and visit our HQ in South Korea for training
• Flexible benefits scheme for health and fitness programmes or personal development courses
• Medical insurance coverage and annual health screenings
• Comprehensive leave benefits
• Monthly mobile allowance
• Monthly team events/meals
• All-access to our well stocked pantry!
APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS AND INTERVIEW PROCESS
Interested candidates are invited to send their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please ensure that you have the following subject line in your application: [e27] - [Technical Customer Support Engineer / Technical Consultant]
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified for an interview.
The interview process will consist of a phone interview and face-to-face interviews with HR, the team supervisor/manager for the role and the hiring manager.
Depending on the role applied for, there may also be written or technical assessments conducted.