Salary (MYR) Not specified
Full Time | 1 Applicant(s)
Posted: 19 May 2017
Who We Are:
Comfort Works aims to breathe new life into all of the world’s living room; we do it by creating beautiful, handmade slipcovers that rejuvenate old and tired sofas. Every aspect of our operation is done in-house: from envelope design to web development to product manufacturing, nothing is outsourced.
Comfort Works’ team members make an impact from day one: they have an opportunity to enjoy early responsibilities and be involved in making impactful decisions. The team is encouraged to use their initiative to shape their roles and keep themselves on track to develop individual expertise. Upon being on board you will enjoy an autonomous workflow, development opportunities, training, travel and an environment of like-minded people who don’t settle for anything less than doing what they love.
We are looking for an ARTIST and a PERFECTIONIST. The fact that you have pure love for 3D is a coincidence. You are looking to experiment and push your skills to the next level. You have an eye for design and a strong appreciation of interior design. You have strong modelling and texturing skills particularly in furniture, architecture, or environment design.
1. Play a key role in the company’s visual design of new features and new products.
2. Design and create visual assets in any of the following areas: 3D modelling, texturing, mapping, lighting/shading working independently.
3. Creating tileable photo realistic textures using Photoshop.
4. Model and render photorealistic furniture.
5. Participate in the design and creation of videos, packaging, print, advertising and collateral materials.
6. Support web design and campaign development across various digital channels including social media.
7. Assist with graphic development support required to drive PR activities.
8. Have empathy for the people using the website and anything you touch will become human-friendly.
9. Strive for design perfection but love to release and iterate.
10. Be working with our team of seasoned Concept Web Designers & Genius Developers to implement clickable designs across our existing and furiously expanding the portfolio of web properties.
Softwares: 3D MAX, Sketchup 3D, VRay, Photoshop, Illustrator and Autodesk.
1. Experience with Marvelous Designer and/or FStorm render engine is a plus advantage.
2. Photorealistic lighting and rendering skills an asset
3. 3D camera tracking/ compositing an asset
4. Any film production experience, architecture & interior design background will be given priority
5. Experience modelling 3D objects/scenes from photo reference
6. Can clearly communicate technical data to non-technical colleagues
7. Organised, goal and detailed orientated
Why Join Us?
Pursuing growth and learning is one of our core values so expect to brainstorm cutting edge solutions for everyday problems on a daily basis. Imagine having the freedom to propose and execute even your most out-of-the-box ideas. You’ll get hands-on experience and support in a team-oriented environment and have some fun along the way. If you are tired of boring work environments, singular task jobs, and typical "office rules"; Screw that and join a collaborative environment that's all about innovation.
And since we consider ourselves a start-up: How could we not have a pingpong table (rarely functions as one), one single bean bag, a somewhat loaded fridge and 4 types of coffee stocked in the pantry along with a complex coffee machine (which no one knows how to use) to keep your enthusiasm in overdrive.
1. We aren’t about benefits and perks, so if you are looking for a 9-5, stable routine role — this position isn’t one for you.
2. We are a team with very diverse backgrounds, experiences and ethnicities; we expect you to be a bit quirky yet hold yourself to a very high standard of work.
3. The usual office culture and local companies code of conduct do NOT exist here.
Our values include:
1. Striving for excellence in everything we do.
2. Focusing on outcomes rather than the hours spent in the office.
3. Picking up slack and workload of others wherever we're able to contribute.
4. Proactively and consistently making things better.
5. Continuous pursuit of learning as part of personal and professional growth.
6. Staying open-minded and curious. (We test, measure and experiment everything we do). If you don’t like your work criticised, it’s not gonna work out well for you.
7. Fostering a positive and family-like team spirit.
8. Getting things right the first time round (so we don't have to go back and fix it)
We make pretty things comfort-works.com