Salary (SGD) 0 - 10.7K
Full Time | 2 Applicant(s)
Posted: 09 Jun 2017
Fundnel is a licensed private investment platform that offers unlisted securities in growth and pre-IPO stage companies across industries to a qualified network of investors, comprising of both professional – corporate venture, private equity, venture capital funds, family offices, angel investor networks – and individually accredited investors actively looking to diversify their current portfolio.
We screen all investment opportunities to ensure businesses meet the minimum requirements defined by the Fundnel Factor – a proprietary data-driven due-diligence process analysing over 130 quantitative data points per company – before reaching our investor network. Our network of investors perform further due-diligence before making an "Anchor Investment” in a particular deal they see value in. Only deals with a lead anchor investor will be listed on our platform, whereupon other investors are invited to join the investment round.
Fundnel is headquartered in Singapore and has a growing team of over twenty people spread across regional offices in Indonesia, Malaysia and Australia.
Our network of investors has invested in a total of 15 deals worth over US$49million in the past year.
We're looking for talented, analytical and passionate people to join our proven team as a Lead Software Engineer based in Singapore.
Some things to know before you apply:
• We have big plans to disrupt the traditional fundraising process for private businesses
• You will work with a diverse team of former investment bankers, strategy consultants and business owners in developing innovative funding and growth strategies for clients
• Everything we do is focused on helping businesses do business, better
• We work really hard but play really hard as well
• Responsible for developing Fundnel products for the next phase of growth along with our vision
• Develop and launch our proprietary tool, Deal Management System (DMS), to make sure Fundnel is able to evaluate and screen businesses efficiently and accurately. Key features of the DMS includes but not limited to:
o Artificial Intelligence
o Machine Learning
o Evaluation/Screening Algorithm
o Natural Language Processing
o Data Collection/Restructuring
o Deal Analytics (Real Time)
o Developer Friendly APIs
o Integration of 3rd party applications
• Mentor and work with other software engineers to launch new of our main platform, DMS and other products.
Roles & Responsibilities
• Design overall architecture of the DMS with a detailed plan focusing on Fundnel’s business goals
• Maintain quality and ensure responsiveness of all products while collaborating with the rest of the engineering team to design and launch new features
• Maintain code integrity and organisation with a good understanding and execution of security and data protection
• Work with internal graphic designers and data analysts to converting data/designs to visual elements for Data Visualisation and KPI reporting
• Exploring and integration of third-party APIs
• Leading an internal development team in developing technical & personal skills
• Conduct regular feedback reviews, assist in tech operations, facilitate standards and quality within the team and reduce technical debt
• Keep an eye out for upcoming trends and their applicability to our technology in strengthening our product offerings
Skills & Experience Required
• Full stack development experience
• At least 5-8 years of software development experiences
• At least 2-3 years of leading, hiring and mentoring engineers
• Expert in JS, PHP, MySQL (HTML and CSS are a given)
• Working experiences with ReactJS and Yii 2.0 framework (bonus)
• Working experiences with responsive web design
• Understanding of DevOps to deploy and maintain server infrastructure
• Experience with RESTful API, GIT version controlling, OAuth, composer, SASS, LESS, front end JS framework, TDD & linux operating system is a plus
• Experience in building and maintaining databases, implementing analytics etc.
• Comfortable conversing in English
• Experience with Python and R
• Experience with data integration from multiple sources in different languages
• Have a portfolio of past data science projects
• Experience with the deployment of machine learning algorithms across a cluster of machines
• Experience with building classifications and regression models for machine learning algorithms, and have used scikit-learn in Python