Legal Counsel [Venture Capital | Startups | 4-7PQE | Southeast Asia]
4K - 6K
Full Time |
Posted: 05 Nov 2017
Insignia Ventures Partners is a Singapore-headquartered early stage technology venture capital firm, primarily focusing on Southeast Asia.
We have a new opening for a Legal Counsel to join our team and manage legal matters in Southeast Asia. As the Legal Counsel, you will manage the firm's legal activities and initiatives in areas of fund formation, corporate governance and investments. This position works closely with the Investment team as a partner to understand and facilitate business strategy while ensuring legal risks are appropriately recognized and addressed.
You will be required to proactively assess legal risks and provide creative and pragmatic solutions to all domestic and international legal matters. You should be willing and able to work on a wide variety of matters, have the ability to provide commercial and practical legal advice and education to the team and startups including contracts, corporate governance, labour/employment, procurement, litigation, risk mitigation, regulatory and compliance.
What you’ll do:
- Manage the legal work for companies in the region of Southeast Asia
- Advise on diverse and cross-border legal matters and contractual review including terms of business and contracts
- Support high level review of early-stage investment documents, manage deals processes and prepare documents for signature
- Prepare and review documents facilitating fund and investor closings, review fund materials, coordinate fund closing timelines and related filings
- Draft, prepare, maintain and review of contracts and other legal documents
- Manage regulatory enquiries and investigations
- Provide accurate and timely legal advice on a range of legal issues
- Maintain and enhance internal governance and policy documents
- Provide assistance to the business in relation to existing and new business initiatives
- Perform any other duties and responsibilities as may be assigned on special projects or as part of routine tasks
- Degree holder in law and/or other related disciplines from an accredited law school
- 4 - 7 PQE as a legal practitioner in law firm and/or in corporate legal department
- Experienced in managing a Regional portfolio – Southeast Asia
- Ability to work on a wide variety of matters supporting Southeast Asia funds, deals, entities and commercial activities
- High level of professional ethics, integrity and commitment to compliance
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work independently and part of a small team.
- Logical working style and attention to detail
- Excellent command of English
- Other language skills such as Mandarin, Bahasa Melayu, Bahasa Indonesian, Vietnamese etc well regarded as the successful candidate will liaise with regional shareholders for matters in Southeast Asia
- Desire to proactively engage in risk mitigation strategies and to create tools and processes to help the businesses perform more effectively while mitigating risks.
- Passionate about early stage tech and venture capital
- Candidates in Singapore, Malaysia, Indonesia, Vietnam or Hong Kong are welcome to apply
Sounds like you'll be an awesome fit? Come join a team that does great things while creating a life you are passionate about!