Salary (SGD) Not specified
Full Time | 2 Applicant(s)
Posted: 24 Feb 2018
Solaria Labs is an innovation center focused on disrupting the traditional insurance model and diversifying into new products and sectors including the Gig Economy, Connected Life, On-Demand Mobility, Modern Aging, and Cybersecurity. Founded by Liberty Mutual, a global insurance company based in the US, we have been successfully launching new products and spinning out new companies for over 2 years in Boston and have just launched our new lab in Singapore. We are looking for innovators who are entrepreneurial, passionate about driving impact, and willing to test and learn.
As a Data Engineer in Solaria Labs, you will support research and development efforts in a diverse set of challenges as we rapidly prototype and build new products. Many of the concepts we develop require novel use of Liberty Mutual and partner data, and the application of current and emerging machine learning techniques. You will interact with product and engineering teams to implement your solutions within internal and customer-facing software products.
• Drive the creation of our Data Services platform by identifying new markets and novel uses for Liberty’s internal data and rapidly prototyping them
• Collaborate with Product Owners and Market Research & Design Manager to translate consumer needs and product requirements into data challenges and solve them
• Explore novel applications of external data sources that are publicly available or owned by our partners; when applicable, collaborate with external partners to build new products and services
• Design and build the infrastructure for data extraction, preparation, and loading of data from a variety of sources using technology such as SQL and AWS
• Participate in the broader Machine Learning community to stay current with the latest techniques and software
• Passion for solving complex problems that have real impact on consumers
• Comfortable with ambiguity and capable of self-starting and self-organizing
• Extensive experience analyzing data and a broad understanding of core statistical and machine-learning techniques
• Expertise with Python, Java, C, or similar language, along with standard machine learning libraries
• Proven track record of rapid prototyping and development, leveraging open source or commercial frameworks (e.g., TensorFlow, R, Hadoop, AWS)
• Computer science background, comfortable working with both technical and non-technical staff to translate concepts and algorithms into working prototypes