PopDigital is a creative media shop specialising in media and technology. It has a diverse portfolio of projects, each with specific aims and objectives.
Here’s a brief summary of the various portfolio under PopDigital:
- #BetterCities, focuses on community based projects to improve urban living.
- Poskod.my, an online magazine about city, community, and culture in the Klang Valley
- PopTeeVee, a web TV network with the primary objective to help create a democratic media space
- Uma and Joe at the Movies, a website dedicated to giving the audience everything they’ve ever wanted from an online show about movies
- The Greatest Hits, an award winning creative agency.
- The Wknd, bringing you the latest and greatest from the Malaysian and South East Asian independent music
Tongue in Chic on the other hand, is a media platform for all things related to lifestyle, fashion, shopping and beauty.
Following the acquisition, PopDigital and Tongue in Chic will join forces to form the Popfolio Network. The Popfolio Network aims to create and curate original content from Malaysia and across the region – from movies to music, from lifestyle and fashion to politics and satire – and reaching out across demographics.
The first product by Popfolio will be Makchic, a brand new portal for urban Malaysian mothers launching in late September 2013. Makchic will join existing titles Tongue in Chic, PopTeeVee, Uma & Joe at the Movies, TheWknd and Poskod to complete the network.
Earlier in May, Malaysia based publicly listed new media group CATCHA Media Bhd announced that it will merge with content broadcasting platform Says Sdn Bhd.
We are definitely seeing more consolidation among the various media players in Malaysia.
Read also: Catcha Media’s merger with Says estimated at US$20M, eyeing IPO