The Vietnam Innovative Startup Accelerator (VIISA) has named the 12 startups that have been accepted in the second batch of their programme, which are due to graduate on October 24.
As a result of a partnership between Dragon Capital, FPT and Hanwha Investment, VIISA said it has attracted 160 applications from 28 countries. In the current batch, it includes startup founders from 11 nations including South Korea, Ukraine, Indonesia, France, Colombia, and Japan.
VIISA accepted startups working in various industries, from media, artificial intelligence, agritech, edutech, on-demand platforms, and sharing economy.
It will invest US$15,000 in cash and US$15,000 in-kind for training, technical resources, office accommodation, and access to more than 100 world class mentors and investors. The programme will also invest up to US$200,000 of follow-on funding to promising startups.
The following is the full list of the startups:
1. SAIGONEER (Vietnam): The startup provides local brands with a “rare, trustworthy” platform to share their narratives and services with “unique and highly desirable” audience.
2. CRICKETONE (Vietnam): The startup aims to “feed the world” with sustainable protein using proprietary IoT technology.
3. MARKETOI (Vietnam): An on-demand concierge delivery service that takes users from order to delivery.
4. CYFEER (Vietnam): The startup builds e-solutions for apartment and building management.
5. DENTAL TAP (Ukraine): The startup offers cloud-based software-as-a-service (SaaS) for dental practices.
6. AUTHENTIC GUARDS (Indonesia): The startup aims to protect brands against counterfeit products using proprietary technology.
7. MOJITOK (South Korea): The startup offers third-party smart AI that helps read emotions and converts text to stickers.
8. ELLA STUDY (Vietnam): An online platform connecting Vietnamese students with alumni for overseas universities placement consultations.
9. CID AUTO (South Korea): A video-first mobile car sales platform.
10. INTERVIEW.VN (Vietnam): An online platform to train jobseekers with professional development.
11. WESPORT (Vietnam): A platform that connects sports enthusiasts with sports facilities.
12. XPATH.CO (Vietnam): Tailored local experiences for discerning tourists.
The first batch of VIISA graduated seven startups in April.
According to VIISA Programme Director Adrian Tan in a press statement, with such diverse participants, the startups will be able to “grow with new perspective to think global from Day One.”
Image Credit: VIISA