How do you attract investments as a startup? What are the legal issues surrounding funding? Here, NUS Enterprise will be bringing you a workshop, where two investors, Saemin Ahn and Lee Bagshaw, will be sharing investment and legal tips for startups.
Saemin Ahn (“Sae”), the Managing Partner at Rakuten Ventures. He is responsible for 1) leading and evaluating investments (team, product, IP, market, channels) 2) conducting due diligence and 3) analyzing deal structure Globally. Prior to Rakuten Ventures, Sae was at Google for 5 years from 2009 to 2013 managing Sales and Business Development for Asia. He has also extensive experience in Brand Management and Content Distribution with his time in Hyundaicard and Animal Studio, an animation startup.
Bagshaw Lee is in RHTLaw Taylor Wessing’s Corporate Group specializing in transactions internationally for private and listed companies, including mergers and acquisitions, private equity and venture capital transactions and joint ventures.
Lee has considerable experience in advising early stage or venture capital backed technology companies internationally. In addition, Lee has acted for venture capital firms and other funds, accelerators and corporate venturing companies on investments, acquisitions, and disposals of businesses in the tech sector.
Below are a few of the main points that will be discussed at the workshop:
Attracting a first investment – Ten practical Investment Tips (Saemin Ahn)
• How do VC generally decide to make an investment?
• How to discuss or take it forward when you are approached by an angel investor?
• How long does it take for investors to approve an idea and to grant the necessary investment?
• Is the “Series A Crunch” real?
Funding for Early Stage Tech Companies – Ten Practical Legal Tips (Bagshaw Lee)
• getting your company ready for investment
• the investment process
• key documentation
• issues to look out for
- Start: Wednesday, 12 March, 2014 03:00 p.m.
- End: Wednesday, 12 March, 2014 05:00 p.m.
- Venue : Plug-In @ Blk71. Blk 71 Ayer Rajah Crescent #02-18 S(139951)
- Country :Singapore
- E-mail :[email protected]
- Register here
- Organizer : NUS Enterprise