Accounting workshop for startups by Plug-In@Blk71
One of the crucial component of a successful business is managing the accounts. For new startups, mismanagement of monetary issue could be disastrous.By Jacky Yap 09 Jul, 2012
NUS Enterprise, in collaboration with WLA Regnum, is organizing an accounting workshop for companies and startups. The workshop, which will be held at Plug-In@BLK71, will shed some lights on accounts management for startups. Some of the topics that will be covered includes:
• Preparation of management accounts (balance sheet, income statement and schedules e.g. bank reconciliation)
• Generally for management to have an idea on their financial position in terms of cash expenses and net profit etc
• Specific purpose e.g. agencies funding grants e.g. SPRING, EDB or financing (banks or potential investors)
• To be completed for purpose of ACRA filing*.
• Directors to declare compilation accounts prepared in accordance with Companies Act.
• Draft compilation accounts to be approved at Annual General Meeting (“AGM”)*
• In accordance with Singapore Financial Reporting Standards (“SFRS”)
• Filing of Estimated Chargeable Income (“ECI”) – based on latest management accounts and directors’ estimate of income for the year
• Filing of Form C – Based on final compilation accounts
The format is simple, there will be a one hour workshop, followed by another hour for questions.
Date: 11th July 2012
Time: 3pm – 5pm
Address: 71 Ayer Rajah Crescent #02-18 Singapore 139951