Nimbuzz crosses 150M users worldwide, 41M of them are from Asia
Nimbuzz, an instant messaging platform founded in 2004 in the Netherlands, has just announced that it has surpassed 150 million users worldwide, cementing itself as one of the largest and most popular mobile and Web communication platforms.By Jacky Yap 20 Mar, 2013
Through Nimbuzz, users can make free video and voice calls to other Nimbuzz users, while dramatically reducing the cost of calls to landline and mobile phones. The platform also lets users chat, call and share files between all major IM communities and Social networks, including Facebook, GTalk, Yahoo!, and Twitter.
Out of the 150 million users, 41 million comes from Asia. The company is also showing more than 210,000 new registrations per day.
“People want to be able to communicate without borders or limitation now more than ever,” said Nimbuzz CEO Vikas Saxena. “Nimbuzz opens up the world of global communications to friends and family everywhere by providing a single platform capable of handling immense amounts of data for little or no cost at all. We are providing the solution to a global demand, as we have now reached an astounding 150 million users worldwide, with no signs of slowing down.”
Here are some of the key user growth statistics:
- More than 150 million users in 200 countries: Asia (78 million including middle east); Africa (16M); Europe (10M); USA (9M)
- 100-percent year-over-year growth
- More than 5,000 devices supported
- More than 1 billion minutes of Nimbuzz P2P, NimbuzzOut and SIP calls made per month
- More than 102 billion messages sent and received per month
- Android devices account for more than 35% of all active and new users