Date: 15 February, 2020
Venue: 79 Ayer Rajah Crescent, #03-01 S139955
Organized by: AngelCentral
Discover what it takes to invest in your first startup without having to make your angel investing experience expensive and painful.
Have you ever wanted to know what goes behind the thoughts of an experienced angel investor in Asia, or more on how to go about becoming an effective and competent angel investor? If so, join us for this 3-hour workshop as we, share with you their strategies and approach to investing in startups. Throughout the session, the trainers would be using live case studies that have been gathered through personal experience over the past couple of years.
Through this interactive and engaging session, you will be equipped with the skills to evaluate a startup, manage your portfolio, and maximize your profitability. The workshop will help you to:
1. Manage and construct your portfolio for angel investments. Learn how startups fit into your overall portfolio, allocate your assets to ensure minimum risk with maximum rewards, and set your personal goals for angel investing.
2. Gain insights into the lifecycle of a startup, the overall tech startup ecosystem and how angels fit into the space. You will learn about the different stakeholders in a startup ecosystem, the full lifecycle of a startup, and the possible types of investments before exit.
3. Generate deal flow. You will learn about the different ways angels can be exposed to startup investment opportunities, including how to position yourself as a credible and useful investor, establish credibility and branding via consistent value-add, building expertise, and engaging with fellow investors to expand your network.
4. Evaluate and conduct due diligence on startups. Understand the partners' personal framework for evaluating startups which resulted from years of personal experience and countless refinements over the years. This includes questions to ask when assessing a startup’s solution, founding team, marketing opportunity, and business model.
5. Manage expectations and add value post-investment. You will gain greater clarity on what it is like after making your first investment, the different ways angels can contribute to startups, how to manage and communicate with founders during the post-investment phase, etc.
Your ticket also provides you access to the AngelCentral Community, a group of 600+ angels who are passionate and interested in helping fund startups in the ASEAN region. AngelCentral is one of the fastest-growing community of angel investors in Southeast Asia. We organize regular curated pitch sessions, angel education workshops and provide syndication services.
The idea for AngelCentral started in late 2016 as an initiative by Der Shing and Shao Ning to share their experiences and lessons learned on angel investing. Also, as the Partners meet hundreds of startups annually, they decided to organise pitch days help promising startups connect with angel investors.
With the initial success and validation of their efforts in 2017, AngelCentral incorporated officially in February 2018 with the mission to build a community of effective angel investors in Southeast Asia. in 2018 alone, AngelCentral has trained >200 angels and raised >S$6m for the startups that they featured.