Date: 20 May, 2016
Venue: Hotel - MANDARIN ORCHARD
Organized by: VCCircle Network (A News Corp Company)
Nir Eyal, the bestselling author of Hooked, has constructed a framework for designing better products and will share his years of research in this practical workshop.
"How to Build Habit Forming Products" with Nir Eyal
In the age of ever-increasing distractions, creating customer habits quickly is an important characteristic of successful products. How do companies create products that people use every day? What are the secrets of building services customers love? How can we create products compelling enough to “hook” users?
Nir Eyal, the bestselling author of Hooked: How to Build Habit-Forming Products, has constructed a framework for designing better products and will share his years of research in this practical workshop. This hands-on class gives product managers, designers and marketers a new way of thinking about the necessary components of changing user behaviour by studying how the world's most engaging products keep users coming back again and again.
Participants will learn:
- The common design patterns of habit-forming products
- The stages of habit formation and how to optimize for user retention
- An in-depth look at the psychology behind what drives user behaviour and how to build products to cater to core human needs
- Practical steps for leading a design process to ensure that your product is used regularly
Who should attend
• Product managers or Product Designers who is designing product for a internet company or Tech Startups
• CEO,Director or Partner running Tech Startups
• PE/VC investing in tech companies
• Consultants advising the tech companies
AGENDA OF THE WORKSHOP
I - The importance of user habits in technology products
II - The psychology of effective triggers
III - The fundamentals of human behaviour design
IV - Use of variable rewards to increase user engagement
V - Customer Acquisition: Getting users to invest in your product
VI - Wrap-up, questions and answers
ABOUT THE EXPERT
Nir Eyal writes, consults and teaches about the intersection of psychology, technology and business. The M.I.T. Technology Review dubbed Nir as “The Prophet of Habit-Forming Technology”.
Nir has founded two tech companies since 2003 and taught at the Stanford Graduate School of Business and the Hasso Plattner Institute of Design at Stanford. He is the author of the bestselling book, Hooked: How to Build Habit-Forming Products, which won the ‘Marketing Book of the Year’ award from 800 CEO Read.
In addition to blogging at NirAndFar.com, Nir's writing frequently appears in TechCrunch, Inc, The Harvard Business Review and Psychology Today.