Date: 10 February, 2018 - 16 February, 2018
Venue: Brisbane, Queensland
Organized by: MIT Bootcamps
In February 2018, MIT Bootcamps will return to Brisbane to offer its first MIT Innovation & Entrepreneurship Bootcamp on technology-enabled sustainability, with a focus on the environment, agriculture, and mining. We will bring together 60-90 innovators from across the world to focus on global challenges of strategic importance to the State of Queensland.
Admission to MIT Bootcamps is highly selective and based on the following criteria: initiative and follow through, open and critical thinking, capacity for calculated risk, and focus on community. Bootcampers have found cofounders and launched startups from the Bootcamps; from the first four courses (2014 to 2016), they have raised over USD $37m in funding for their ventures. In March 2017, MIT Bootcamps brought together 118 innovators from 35 countries (including 38 from Australia) to Brisbane for the fifth MIT Global Entrepreneurship Bootcamp in March 2017..
Who is the Bootcamp for?
– Early stage entrepreneurs
– Serial entrepreneurs
– Individuals in transition
– Graduate student researchers
– Innovation managers
– Family business owners
– Product managers
– NGO leaders
– Corporate professionals
– Professors & teachers
What you will learn at the Bootcamp?
Here’s a sample list of the learning you’ll experience at the Bootcamp:
– How to spot opportunities for innovation
– Evaluate and choose innovation diffusion pathways
– Evaluate and choose models of new ventures
– Design customer journey
– Map and influence customer decision making process
– Design sales process and go-to-market strategy
– Experience role of startup CEO
– Provide and receive rigorous, real time, constructive, and good willing feedback
– Understand what is and isn’t a failure; learn to define failure, pivot points, roadblocks, and milestones
– Learn to let go of your ego
MIT Bootcamps awards a handful of Impact Scholarships based on past accomplishments and future potential. Amounts of up to USD $3000 towards tuition fees will be awarded to exceptional candidates.
Candidates shortlisted for scholarships will need to show demonstrated impact in their work and have a strong vision and plan for future impact. Someone familiar with your work or other initiatives must submit a letter of recommendation by November 15, 2017 for you to be considered for an Impact Scholarship.
Apply at http://bootcamp.mit.edu/entrepreneurship/sustainability
Applications close November 1, 2017.