Date: 26 May, 2020
Organized by: Fundnel
With COVID-19 elucidating changes in consumer sentiment and behaviour — from fear of animal-human disease transmission, to an increase in consumption of plant-based meats, what will agrifoodtech look like in response to a post-pandemic environment? Set against a backdrop of Asia’s population growing by 250 million in the next decade, what do we need to do to ensure food security and sustainability?
Join us on Tuesday, 26 May 2020, at 4 pm (GMT+8) for a discussion with Dr Nitza Kardish, CEO of Trendlines Agrifood Fund and Vice Chair of Trendlines Agrifood Innovation Centre:
• What are the factors driving growth in agrifoodtech development and innovation?
• How has the investment landscape in the sector evolved in recent years? What are the driving forces behind them?
• How has COVID-19 shaped consumer behaviour and which are expected to persist?
• Should institutions be rethinking investments in agrifoodtech that ensure food sustainability and security?
• Singapore’s “30 by 30” vision to grow enough food in Singapore to meet 30 percent of the population’s nutritional needs by 2030 — A big hairy audacious goal or realistic forecast?
This dialogue is part of the Fundnel Spotlight series, where we share insights into the growth and investment potential of deeptech sectors featured in Deal Fridays 2020.
Jointly organised by Enterprise Singapore and the Monetary Authority of Singapore, Deal Fridays is a series of targeted startup pitching events curated by Deep Tech and FinTech sectors. The initiative aims to promote investments, co-innovation and business partnerships, and are organised twice monthly as a lead up to SFF x SWITCH 2020. Register your interest here: https://gems.gevme.com/dealfridays.
The intimate session has a limited capacity and investors in the Fundnel network will have priority access to the event.
Not a part of our network? Sign up at https://fundnel.com