Date: 27 March, 2020
Venue: Pullman Bangkok Grande Sukhumvit30 Soi Sukhumvit 21, Khet Watthana, Krung Thep Maha Nakhon, 10110
Organized by: I-Deals Network Pvt Ltd
Success stories of technology startups such as Google, Alibaba, Flipkart and Amazon have not left Southeast Asia untouched. After the booming Indian startup scene, a number of ASEAN countries are now gearing up to attract entrepreneurs and stimulate the creation and growth of startups. China and India, in fact, are leading the trend not only in Asia but globally. Of late, the exponential growth in market value of technology startups worldwide has generated great curiosity in investors and investees. In this workshop conducted by i-Deals Network in Bangkok for participants, experts will train participants about new valuation methods and approaches along with real-life case studies.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND:
• This is a serious workshop created for ambitious startups, senior executives and strategists from e-commerce, fin-tech and health-tech companies. Entrepreneurs and PE/VC professionals planning to enter the e-commerce space also make ideal participants. Seasoned practitioners looking to upskill themselves and grow their practices will find value after attending this workshop.
• CFOs and Finance Controllers
WHY YOU SHOULD ATTEND:
• Understand the new valuation methods and approaches• Learn fundraising strategies
• Analyse and critique the use of appropriate valuation models• Know governance and regulatory requirements
• Foresee the growth of the e-commerce industry
OUR EXPERTS :
Andrew Stotz PhD, CFA - Co-founder and CEO, A. Stotz Investment Research Andrew graduated with a Bachelor of Science in Finance and an MBA from California State University and earned his PhD in finance from the University of Science and Technology of China. In 2013, Andrew retired from a 20-year career as an equity analyst at various brokers in Thailand to set up A. Stotz Investment Research (ASIR). His final eight years in the business were spent as a Head of Research, managing teams, and writing strategy regularly. He is the current CFA Society Thailand president.
Robert Lomnitz Managing Partner, BKVC Investments
Robert Lomnitz has been investing capital into early-stage businesses and emerging and frontier markets for over 20 years, having started his career as a lawyer on Wall Street. From 1999 to 2002, he worked in the technology industry in the UK during the first dot-com boom and bust, managing firstly family office money and then the Venture business of a UK LSE traded company. In 2002, he co-founded a UK asset management business which ultimately became Duet Private Equity Limited ( www.duetgroup.net) and currently manages in excess of $2 billion of institutional money across a number of emerging market funds.
Surayos Chuephanich - Partner - KPMG in Thailand
Surayos has more than 10 years experience in corporate finance advisory and transaction services in addition to his audit, accounting and financial backgrounds. He has been involved in a number of engagements offering business valuation, M&A assistance, purchase price allocation, and financial and market due diligence. His industry experience covers automotive, oil and gas, insurance, leasing, hospitality, power plant, advertising, property fund and manufacturing.
Session 1: Value Drivers, Valuation Approaches & Global Learnings
• Tech Startups – Evolution & Key Characteristics
• Financing life-cycle and Value Drivers• Valuation Approaches – Venture Capital Method, Real option, Probability-weighted methods and various alternative approaches• Global Illustrations
• Valuation Myths and Realities
Session 2: Startup valuation – Key performance indicators
• Average revenue per user
• Customer attrition (Churn Rate)
• Customer acquisition cost
• User engagement – Active users
• No of installs
• Customer lifetime value
• Conversion rate (funnel)
Session 3: Valuation of Health-Tech & FinTech Companies – Case Study
Session 4: Fundraising for Startup companies
• Investor Perspective
• Investee Prospective
• Identification of fundraising prospects
• Types of Fund Raising
• Fundraising strategy
• Tips for Successful Fundraising
Standard Fee (Normal Pass): USD 600 per delegate
Early Bird Offer: USD 500 per delegate
Group Discount ( for a group or 3 or more): USD 450 per delegate
This offer is valid till 15th March'20 only.
For registration query or sponsorship proposal, please write to [email protected] or call/whatsapp at +91-9953285105.