ICE71 or Innovation Cybersecurity Ecosystem at BLOCK71 that was born out of the partnership between Singtel Innov8, Singtel Group’s VC arm, and NUS Enterprise of the National University of Singapore (NUS), has shared the latest participants of its second batch, three-month long ICE71 Accelerate program. The participants are said to come from Singapore, India, Turkey, Vietnam, the UK, and the US.
ICE71 event peaked in Demo Day, where the participants pitched to an audience of over 150 investors and cybersecurity leaders, seeking investment, and business development opportunities.
“We believe that enterprises and governments need to work more closely with startups to address the frequency, scale, and sophistication of cyber threats globally. By bringing together these promising start-ups and connecting them with leading investors, enterprises and government agencies, we aim to accelerate their growth to the next stage as well as strengthens Singapore’s cybersecurity ecosystem to power Singapore’s Smart Nation goals,” said Edgar Hardless, CEO of Singtel Innov8, highlighting cybersecurity as one of the key pillars in the country’s Smart Nation goals.
ICE71 Accelerate’s first cohort was unveiled in October 2018, and from it, two startups have already raised additional funding and expanded their operations internationally.
“It is crucial for our people, businesses, and enterprises to be well protected in today’s digital environment. The key to supporting the nation’s ambitions lies in driving cybersecurity innovation and encouraging more enterprising cybersecurity entrepreneurs and startups to make Singapore their home,” said Professor Freddy Boey, Deputy President (Innovation and Enterprise) of NUS.
Here are the ten cybersecurity startups in the second cohort:
- 689Cloud, which uses rights management technology to protect, track, and control access rights on externally shared digital documents, preventing data leaks and unauthorised redistribution of confidential data.
- Aversafe, provides a first-line-of-defense against credential fraud.
- Blue Phish, provides an online platform to drive cybersecurity awareness and play a part in reducing the number of cyber-attacks that are created due to human error.
- GuardRails. GuardRails empowers modern development teams to find, fix, and prevent security vulnerabilities by scanning new code changes as they are introduced to their GitHub repositories.
- INFRA, builds automated solutions for assessment and intelligence without the need for security analysts, eliminating human error and maximising reliability.
- KEYLESS, provides a privacy-first platform for authentication and identity management driven by user-friendly, secure biometrics that makes data privacy and security the rule, not the exception.
- LOKI, provides cloud-based, single point management cybersecurity, and network management services for SMEs using SD-WAN technology in SaaS model.
- oneKIY, addresses data privacy and security, runs on a decentralised, user-controlled security system.
- PhishBase is a mail transfer agent, sitting between the organisation and the internet, analysing emails flowing in and out of the system; preventing data loss, quarantining messages and using fuzzy logic to detect bad emails.
- SECONIZE is an enterprise IT risk assessment product that identifies cyber risks and translates to continuous business impact.
ICE71, whom main mission is to foster cybersecurity innovation in Asia, is supported by the Cyber Security Agency of Singapore (CSA), the Info-communications Media Development Authority (IMDA) and corporate partners such as Cisco. ICE71 partners with CyLon, which delivers the ICE71 Accelerate programme and brings to the table its experience as the global cybersecurity accelerator and early stage investor in cybersecurity startups.
After Demo Day, ICE71 will continue to guide and support these startups through further fundraising, product development, and commercial expansion. It will also provide access to community events with ecosystem partners, thought leadership programmes, engagements with enterprises and government entities, and opportunities to present at regional cybersecurity conferences.
ICE71 Accelerate is now officially open to applications for their third cohort.