For more great episodes subscribe to e27 Podcasts on your favourite device!
Anna O’Hare and Gillian Tans are rarities, though they shouldn’t be — successful females in leadership positions in the technology sector. In today’s episode, Anna and Gillian share about their respective companies, and they explore ways to close to gender gap within the technology space.
In today’s episode you’ll learn:
- About Women in Tech at the RISE event in Hong Kong
- The backstory of Web Summit
- About RISE’s and Booking.com’s Women in Tech initiatives
- Anna’s and Gillian’s thoughts regarding ways to close the gender gap in the technology sector
- About Booking.com and their expansion plans for 2018
- Anna’s and Gillian’s advice for aspiring female entrepreneurs
Listen to this episode on iTunes .
What was your biggest insight from this week’s episode? Let Jay know in the comments or on Twitter: @jaykimmer.
Links from today’s episode
- Read the full transcript from the Women in Tech interview
- Find Anna on Twitter or email her at [email protected]
- Find Gillian on LinkedIn and Facebook
- RISE — Women in Tech
Detailed show notes
- (2:50) Anna’s introduction of herself and the RISE conference
- (4:23) Anna tells the backstory of Web Summit, the company behind RISE
- (5:22) Gillian’s self-introduction and background
- (7:44) Anna explains Web Summit’s Women in Tech initiative
- (10:08) Initiatives RISE has put in place to increase female participation
- (12:07) Gillian addresses how the presence/involvement of women in technology has evolved over the years
- (14:30) Gillian describes Booking’s initiatives — internally and externally — for encouraging women in technology sectors
- (18:07) Anna shares her thoughts on where improvements can be made in closing the gender gap
- (20:28) Gillian’s thoughts on where improvements can be made in closing the gender gap
- (22:37) Anna speaks to women at the upcoming RISE event
- (23:58) Anna gives more details on the Women in Tech portion of the RISE event in Hong Kong
- (25:10) Gillian share her 2018 plans for Booking
- (28:10) Gillian’s advice for aspiring female entrepreneurs
- (29:32) Anna’s advice for aspiring female entrepreneur