Salary (SGD) 4K - 6K
Full Time | 0 Applicant(s)
Posted: 30 Nov 2018
99.co is seeking a (Regular/Senior) Android Engineer who has a strong experience developing applications on Android using Android SDK. Your focus will be the development of Android application and their integration with backend services.
As an Android Engineer, you will be responsible for implementing new features from scratch and participating in product decisions for 99.co, work with our creative team to execute pixel perfect designs. You will also be required to track down and resolve issues, improve the stability and performance of the app and keep up with the latest SDK, devices, tools and conventions.
If you're interested in working with a team of passionate people to inspire a change in the real estate and proptech landscape, we would like to hear more from you!
What you will do:
* Design and develop advanced applications for the Android platform
* Partner with cross-functional teams to define, design, and ship new features
* Work with outside data sources and APIs
* Unit-test code for robustness, including edge cases, usability, and general reliability
* Understand business requirements and translate them into technical requirements
* Collaborate with others on bug fixing and improving application performance
* Contribute to architectural upgrades and refactoring
* Continuously discover, evaluate, and implement new technologies to maximize development efficiency
What you have/are/will be:
* BS or MS in Computer Science or a related technical discipline preferred but not required. Equivalent practical experience is a reasonable substitute.
* Passonate about creating mobile development as a whole
* Deep understanding of Android NDK (Java and Android NDK)
* Deep understanding of Android Programming with Android SDK
* Proficient in Java (Kotlin is a +)
* Experience in backend development is a +; in scalable mobile app structure is a ++
* Familiarity with android libraries such as Retrofit, Glide, Mockito, Espresso, Realm, Butterknife, Sqlite, Otto, Pusher is a +++
* Strong UX/UI design exposure and experience in making apps work intuitively and with pixel perfect interfaces
* Familiar with mobile software lifecycle development and architecture (MVVM)
* Good interpersonal communications skills
* Multi-threading and memory management knowledge and understanding of caching mechanisms
* Detail-oriented or someone who reads everything and will paste an html peace character somewhere in your application ;)