Through Nimbuzz, users can make free video and voice calls to other Nimbuzz users, while dramatically reducing the cost of calls to landline and mobile phones. The platform also lets users chat, call and share files between all major IM communities and Social networks, including Facebook, GTalk, Yahoo!, and Twitter.
Out of the 150 million users, 41 million comes from Asia. The company is also showing more than 210,000 new registrations per day.
Read also: Will instant messaging applications kill SMS in 2013?
“People want to be able to communicate without borders or limitation now more than ever,” said Nimbuzz CEO Vikas Saxena. “Nimbuzz opens up the world of global communications to friends and family everywhere by providing a single platform capable of handling immense amounts of data for little or no cost at all. We are providing the solution to a global demand, as we have now reached an astounding 150 million users worldwide, with no signs of slowing down.”
Here are some of the key user growth statistics:
- More than 150 million users in 200 countries: Asia (78 million including middle east); Africa (16M); Europe (10M); USA (9M)
- 100-percent year-over-year growth
- More than 5,000 devices supported
- More than 1 billion minutes of Nimbuzz P2P, NimbuzzOut and SIP calls made per month
- More than 102 billion messages sent and received per month
- Android devices account for more than 35% of all active and new users
Read also: Nimbuzz CEO says messaging space will have 5 main players, boils down to who can keep mind share