This afternoon, short-term rental website Travelmob launched its first mobile app, empowering hosts to manage their reservations and listings quickly, and help travellers book their accommodations from more than 20,000 properties across Asia Pacific while on the move.
With its clean and user-friendly design, the app inspires travellers to experience Asia Pacific just like a local.
Key features for travellers include:
- Search: Find unique properties in more than 100 destinations across Asia Pacific
- Filters: Select filters to streamline searches; filters include property types, pricing and available amenities
- Instant Communication: Instantly connect with hosts for booking inquiries
- Secure Booking: Book accommodations securely with a credit card
- Itinerary: Access itineraries with complete addresses and contact details
- Reviews: Read user reviews and leave one after each stay
Hosts, on the other hand, will find the following features helpful to manage their listings, inquiries and reservations:
- Inquiries: Respond instantly to guest inquiries using Travelmob’s real-time messaging system
- Calendar: Manage calendar availability and pricing
- Reservations: Accept or decline reservations while on the move
- Listings: Update listings and upload new photos instantly
Travelmob has also highlighted its last-minute deals and special offers features within the app. Travelmob claims that 60 per cent of its users are already making their bookings and checking in within the same month. The app has been designed for hosts to craft special offers and deals while on the move, with travellers able to easily locate these deals for their last minute travel plans.
The launch of this app is prompted by the increase in users accessing the site via smartphones. The website claims that for the past three months, over 15 per cent of its bookings have come from iOS devices. Turochas Fuad, CEO and co-founder of Travelmob, elaborates, “We recognise that more than a third of our users are accessing our site through mobile devices, with more than 60 per cent of them on the iOS platform. With the Travelmob iOS app, we are able to give our users a mobile-optimised Travelmob experience to locate, communicate, book and manage properties”.
Prashant Kirtane, CTO and Co-founder of Travelmob, agrees:” Soaring smartphone ownership in Asia Pacific makes it extremely important for us at travelmob to create the best possible experiences for users on mobile devices. With this app, we have created an extremely immersive and engaging experience for our users on iOS devices. We are also looking to launch our Android and HTML5 experiences by mid next year”
The Travelmob iOS app is free to use and is now available for download from the Apple App Store.