Ride-hailing platform Grab today launched its food delivery service in Jakarta, GrabFood.
Available between 11AM to 2PM, the service is currently being beta-tested in SCBD – Semanggi, Kuningan and Senayan areas. Several middle to upper level restaurants such as Bottega, PEPeNERO, Cut The Crab, and Turkuaz are already available on the curated list of restaurants.
“Jakartans are open to trying all types of new cuisines, yet being stuck in traffic or having to make reservations way ahead in advance are getting in the way of just enjoying good food,” said Grab Group VP of Marketing Cheryl Goh in an official statement, on the challenge that the service aims to solve.
Also Read: Grab ties up with World Bank to address traffic woes in Philippine cities
To use the service, users only have to follow these steps:
1. Update the Grab app from May 2
2. Open the Grab app and look for the GrabFood icon in the bottom bar
3. Enter order drop off location, list of nearby restaurants will pop-up
4. Click on preferred nearby restaurant to scroll through the menu, and order your food and/or drinks directly through the Grab app
5. Enter “CEPATDONG” as your promo code to get a 50 per cent discount off the delivery fee
6. Relax while your GrabFood bikers picks up your food and delivers it – still hot – straight to your doorstep
7. Pay for your meal and delivery with cash on delivery
The delivery rate is IDR20,000 (US$1.5), and each package is completed with an insulated thermal bag.
In this sector, Grab will be competing directly with Go-Jek’s Go-Food, Foodpanda, and Porter Kakilima.
Image Credit: Grab