While the TOP100 Startups will exhibit at the prestigious Echelon Asia Summit in June this year and immerse in an exclusive suite of programmes (including curated workshops and luncheons, company features, as well as structured networking sessions with investors), the winners of the Judges’ Choice across the 14 regional qualifiers will also – concurrently – be put through a two-stage process before the TOP10 Startups are announced:
- Pitch to panel: On June 22 from 5.30PM to 10PM, these winners will pitch to judges, comprising investors, design experts, as well as local entrepreneurs. The startups will also receive feedback on how they could improve their respective pitches.
- Live poll, powered by DoubleDutch: On June 23, there will be a live poll by all the attendees of the Echelon Asia Summit to choose their favourite startups. The scores of the judges and the results of the poll will be used to determine the TOP10 Startups.
On June 24 – the final day of the tech and business conference – the TOP10 Startups will then pitch on stage for a chance to be crowned ‘Asia’s Most Promising Startup’.
Here are the winners of the Judges’ Choice award across the 14 Qualifiers:
- Australia: Mobile service AirShr, which helps people remember things they hear on the radio while driving.
- Hong Kong: Recruitment screening startup Talkpush, which raised an undisclosed funding round in February.
- India: SaaS-based in-app chat messaging solution PepperTalk, which enables businesses to improve customer engagement.
- Japan: WOVN.io, which provides multilingual support for websites and blogs.
- Kazakhstan: EcoSocket, offering a device and mobile application to solve environmental problems.
- Malaysia: ChaseFuture (Track 01), which aims to expand university access; and platform MaidEasy (Track 02), looking to revolutionise the way people book part-time cleaners.
- The Philippines: PawnHero, the first online pawnshop in Southeast Asia, which solves the problem of expensive credit for base of the pyramid emerging markets consumers and empowers Financial Inclusion.
- Singapore: Multi-channel e-commerce software SellInAll (Track 01); e-payment security platform Jewel Paymentech (Track 02); and free VoIP call app nanu (Track 03).
- Taiwan: Get Alfred, an on-demand valet service which solves parking chaos with efficiency.
- Thailand: Flow Account, an easy online cloud computing system, tailored specially for small and medium enterprises in Thailand.
Enjoy up to 33 per cent in discounts when you buy a pack of two to four tickets to the Echelon Asia Summit, one of the biggest tech conference in Asia. Get an additional 10 per cent off as an e27 reader!